If you demand effective and exact work, it is essential to use the precise torque. Over-tightening of terminals can cause worse damage than under-tightening because as you tighten, you deform the wire and then that deformation continues due to the effect of the force and heating effect over time. It can also damage the locking arrangement within the terminal itself allowing the clamp to loosen over time. Tightening to the correct torque, as defined by the individual manufacturers, ensures that the terminal will not come undone.
Indeed, the IEEE are strongly recommending that MCBs be tightened specifically to manufacturers’ values and are pushing for this to be included in the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
This is the ideal job for the Weidmüller DMS torque screwdriver. With a specific ergonomic grip and a unique inter-changeable bit system, this is a versatile tool suitable for a variety of jobs. The screwdriver has an integral scale for easy reading of the torque value which helps to guarantee not only the right value is used but helps to guarantee a high repetition accuracy. In addition to the adjustable torque setting, the screwdriver has a Weidmuller interchangeable blade in addition to interchangeable bits and holder, ensuring great wire terminations every time.
Each model is available with two torque ranges:
- 0.5 to 1.7 Nm
- 2.0 to 8.0 Nm
- Setting tool included
- Compact and especially lightweight design
- Torque set with special tool (included) to ensure the right setting
- Ergonomic handle size to match the torque range
- Every tool checked and given an ID No., 100 % quality control with verification and product reference
- Audible, unmistakable click upon reaching the torque, no unnecessary effort and no stop after the click it will just keep clicking.
- Interchangeable blade made from high-quality wear-resistant tool steel
- All tools comply with the accuracy stipulations of: EN ISO 6798, BS EN 26789, ASME B107.14M
- Operating accuracy: ±6 % of set scale value
Weidmüller– Your partner in Industrial Connectivity
We look forward to sharing ideas with you – Let’s Connect
This post was updated by Lesley Young from Weidmüller UK.