EtherNet/IP coupler enables connection of remote I/O’s to EtherNet/IP networks.
Machinery and automation builders in industrial environments are now able to benefit from our new EtherNet/IP coupler, the fifth gateway now available for our u-remote system, which allows connection of remote I/O’s to EtherNet/IP networks. The EtherNet/IP coupler has two Ethernet ports, and the integrated switch supports a line network structure. The coupler can be accessed with a system-independent web server application via the USB service interface or the Ethernet. Thus all information, such as diagnostics, status values and parameters, can be read and all connected modules can be simulated or forced. It can be used wherever remote I/Os need to be connected to PLCs or control systems via EtherNet/IP networks. Information can be captured on the condition of an application or machine by sensors, transmitted to a higher-level control unit via EtherNet/IP protocol and output signals for actuators set accordingly.
Besides the available couplers for PROFIBUS-DP, PROFINET, Modbus-TCP and EtherCAT, our EtherNet/IP coupler brings additional advantages for customers using Ethernet/IP networks in their applications. The EtherNet/IP coupler expands the u-remote portfolio and makes it more flexible and modular which means that customers have even more choice of the fieldbus they wish to use in their applications.
- Flexibility: Free choice of fieldbus technology. All u-remote fieldbus couplers are compatible with currently available remote I/O modules.
- Cost savings: Two separated 10 A power supply current paths for the input and output modules reduce the need for power-feed modules and save space in the cabinet.
- Integrated web-server: Parameterisation of u-remote configuration, query and simulation of application condition delivers easier installation and application setup, reduced downtime for maintenance and increased machine availability.
- Reduced installation times: Minimised cabling errors with the seamlessly pluggable system. Our “PUSH IN“ technology not only makes cabling twice as fast for you, but also offers you uncompromised connection safety. And, of course, you don‘t need any tools.
- Easy installation and startup: The integrated web-server makes the parameterisation of the I/O modules much simpler. With the force-mode single application, sections and process steps can be checked before serial production.
- Increased availability of machines and applications: Diagnostic information via the web-server simplifies troubleshooting and reduces the down-time of a machine or application.
- 2 x 10 A power supply paths for Input and Output modules: Independent power supply and reduced need of Powerfeed modules means reduced space and cost savings for application layout.
- Interfaces: 2 x RJ45, 1 x Micro-USB 2.0
- Transmission rate: 10 MBit/s or 100 MBit/s
- Power supply: 2 x 10 A / 24 V DC
- Connection Technology: PUSH IN
Further applications can be found in areas such as the light process industry, ie. water treatment, or in the field of power generation, distribution and transmission
Visit our website or alternatively, call us on 0845 094 2006 for further information.
Weidmüller – electrical connection, transmission and conversion of power, signals and data in the industrial environment.
We look forward to sharing ideas with you – Let’s Connect
This post was updated by Lesley Young from Weidmüller UK.